Darwino Forums Installation and Configuration Questions Can't run demo apps – maven build fails

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ckahlau 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ckahlau
    Participant

I’m sorry I must have missed something in the setup process but i can’t figure out, what…

I also had some trouble with the registration and the darwino login during the setup, so i’m not even surprised, that it won’t work.
    After I registered at darwino.com (user: ckahlau) I did not get any confirmation via email. I can log in to the forums here, and to the playground… but every time eclipse asked me for my darwino credentials during the setup, it never accepted those credentials. I then hit <Esc> and the setup process went on without warnings or errors. (I chose the community edition in the configuration files, btw)

So now after going through all of the “Configuring …” steps from the installation docs I wanted to get started with one of the demo apps.
    I imported the contacts maven project as described. Now theres a red cross at the “contacts-moe-hybrid” project, missing some apple.* packages.

Well, ignored that – i’m on windows and just wanted to see a running web app on my tomcat.
    So i hit “Run As” > “maven install” on the “contacts” project and this happens:

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR : 
    [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
    [ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on a JRE rather than a JDK?
    [INFO] 1 error
    [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Reactor Summary:
    [INFO] 
    [INFO] contacts ........................................... SUCCESS [  0.608 s]
    [INFO] contacts-shared .................................... SUCCESS [  3.852 s]
    [INFO] contacts-webui ..................................... SUCCESS [  1.740 s]
    [INFO] contacts-mobile .................................... SUCCESS [  0.190 s]
    [INFO] Contacts ........................................... SUCCESS [  3.372 s]
    [INFO] contacts-android-hybrid ............................ FAILURE [  5.638 s]
    [INFO] contacts-moe-hybrid ................................ SKIPPED
    [INFO] contacts-swt-hybrid ................................ SKIPPED
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE

Also tried to run the “contacts-j2ee” app on my local tomcat via “Run As” > “maven build” > Goal: “tomcat7:run”, but as expected this also fails with a database problem:

Auto deployed databases [contacts] to SQL, POSTGRESQL jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/dwodemo in 643ms
    Error while initializing application asynchronously, contacts (com.demo.contacts.app.AppContextListener)
    com.darwino.commons.tasks.TaskException: Error while initializing Darwino Web Application, contacts (com.demo.contacts.app.AppContextListener)
    	at com.darwino.j2ee.application.AbstractDarwinoContextListener$1.execute(AbstractDarwinoContextListener.java:91)
    	at com.darwino.j2ee.application.AbstractDarwinoContextListener$1.execute(AbstractDarwinoContextListener.java:77)
    	at com.darwino.commons.tasks.impl.TaskExecutorImpl.execTaskSync(TaskExecutorImpl.java:183)
    	at com.darwino.commons.tasks.impl.AsyncThreadTaskExecutor$1.run(AsyncThreadTaskExecutor.java:41)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: com.darwino.jsonstore.JsonDBException: Error creating JDBC connection, url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/dwodemo, username=postgres
    	at com.darwino.jsonstore.sql.impl.full.context.SqlJdbcContext.createJdbcConnection(SqlJdbcContext.java:235)
    	at com.darwino.jsonstore.sql.impl.full.context.SqlJdbcContext.createConnection(SqlJdbcContext.java:144)
    	at com.darwino.jsonstore.sql.impl.full.context.SqlJdbcContext.createConnection(SqlJdbcContext.java:52)
    	at com.darwino.jsonstore.sql.impl.full.LocalFullJsonDBServerImpl.createConnection(LocalFullJsonDBServerImpl.java:588)
    	at com.darwino.jsonstore.sql.impl.full.LocalFullJsonDBServerImpl.deployDatabase(LocalFullJsonDBServerImpl.java:248)
    	at com.darwino.jre.application.DarwinoJreApplication.initDatabase(DarwinoJreApplication.java:133)
    	at com.darwino.jre.application.DarwinoJreApplication.initDatabase(DarwinoJreApplication.java:128)
    	at com.darwino.jre.application.DarwinoJreApplication.initDatabases(DarwinoJreApplication.java:116)
    	at com.darwino.j2ee.application.AbstractDarwinoContextListener.initDatabases(AbstractDarwinoContextListener.java:170)
    	at com.darwino.j2ee.application.AbstractDarwinoContextListener.initAsync(AbstractDarwinoContextListener.java:154)
    	at com.darwino.j2ee.application.AbstractDarwinoContextListener$1.execute(AbstractDarwinoContextListener.java:86)
    	... 6 more
    Caused by: com.darwino.commons.util.SQLExceptionEx: Error creating JDBC connection, url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/dwodemo, username=postgres
    	at com.darwino.jdbc.connector.JdbcDirectConnector.createConnection(JdbcDirectConnector.java:67)
    	at com.darwino.jsonstore.sql.impl.full.context.SqlJdbcContext.createJdbcConnection(SqlJdbcContext.java:233)
    	... 16 more
    Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: Database »dwodemo« does not exist (pgjdbc: autodetected server-encoding to be ISO8859_1, if the message is not readable, please check database logs and/or host, port, dbname, user, password, pg_hba.conf)
    	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2455)
    	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.readStartupMessages(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2586)
    	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.<init>(QueryExecutorImpl.java:113)
    	at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:222)
    	at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:51)
    	at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.<init>(PgConnection.java:215)
    	at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:404)
    	at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:272)
    	at com.darwino.jdbc.drivers.JDBCDriverLoader.createConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:107)
    	at com.darwino.jdbc.drivers.JDBCDriverLoader.createConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:98)
    	at com.darwino.jdbc.connector.JdbcDirectConnector.createConnection(JdbcDirectConnector.java:60)
    	... 17 more

I guess after the “install” failed there’s not PSQL database initialized for the app i’m starting, so this is why it fails.
    But what am I missing to get the maven install running?

kind regards,
    Christian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.